Welcome to this week’s edition of the 22 Questions. For this week’s interview I had a talk with Robert Summa. For those of you who may not know who he is, check no further than Destructoid. Robert is the Executive Editor of Destructoid as well as the Editor-in-Chief of NextLust. Check out his answers to my questions below. Enjoy.
- What is Your Gaming Alias:
- What Age Did You Start Playing Video Games:
As early as I can remember, maybe 6 or 7.
- Who Would You Say is Responsible for Getting You Into Gaming:
- First Game That Had You Hooked:
SimCity was the first game I really remember being hooked on.
- Little Known Fact:
I played tennis for my college.
- If You Were to Make a Documentary, What Would it Be About:
Destructoid … of course.
- How Did You Get Involved In the Gaming Industry:
I was a “real” journalist who wanted to cover gaming and tech instead of cops and robbers.
- What is Your Favorite Part of Your Job:
Meeting with industry insiders.
- What Sets Destructoid Apart From All the Other Gaming Sites:
We tell the truth.
- Strangest Hobbie You Have:
I have no time for hobbies.
- Closest You Have Come to Death:
College. Tons of Vodka shots. Couldn’t even smell Vodka again after that. Only recently have I been able to go back to it.
- Last Gadget Purchased:
- Song You Are Currently Listening to:
Angel, Massive Attack
- Favorite Ending For a Game, Movie or Book:
- What Person Has Had a Large Impact on Your Life:
Journalism head at Hofstra University
- What Movie Inspired Game Would You Love to See:
From Dusk till Dawn
- What is Your Drink or Snack of Choice While Gaming:
- Game You Are Looking Forward to the Most:
- Game That Was the Biggest Let Down:
- Biggest Change in Gaming in the Last Year:
The leveling of the next-gen playing field.
- Ideal Game That Has Not Yet Been Created:
An MMO that doesn’t get old and boring.
- What Message Would You Send to Gamers Everywhere:
Fanboys hurt the industry. ;)
Thanks so much for the interview Robert. I have to agree with you that a ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ game would be awesome. The story line is so crazy that is seems like it is almost meant to be a game. Readers, if you would like to check out more things ala Robert Summa then drop by Destructoid or NextLust.
I hope everyone enjoyed this week’s interview. Stay tuned next week for another great person. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have at firstname.lastname@example.org.