Right off the bat, I feel that it is important to establish exactly what a Sunburned Goose is. Just hearing the name sparks a certain curiosity, one that likely killed a cat somewhere. So I have put together the following basic mathematical equation. I dumbed it down for everyone because we wouldn’t want all the readers getting confused with the signs, cosigns, tangents, E=MC² and what have you. So here it is.
Ok. Now that we have that out of the way. Let me lay down some background info on this mathematical phenomenon. Goose is the Overlord of the Wheezin Geezers, a 2old2play clan. As anyone who is anyone knows, 2old2play is a group of mature gamers that carry a reputation for solid sportsmanship and gameplay. The Geezers do a good job of executing those standards. Goose is a mean sniper, and he sure can play some UNO and Texas Hold ‘em. Without further ado, from Birmingham, Sunburned Goose.
- Gametag: Sunburned Goose
- Pet Peeve: People who leave the protective plastic film on the displays of their cellphones. Just get it over with, scratch the screen, and enjoy the phone. My most secret desire though is to peel it off for them.
- Your best moment of triumph: Helping a camper retrieve their abandoned gear off of Telescope Peak in a frigid 60mph snow storm, to find on the way back down a woman with a broken ankle and then help her down a well. Beer tasted good that night.
- Game that was the biggest let down: Deus Ex: Invisible War, omg I paid 50 bucks for that game too, I thought it was a FPS from the commercials and find out it’s a character building ‘epic’, my ass. I research games now.
- Closest you have come to death: Saying up for five days during finals, then driving two hours to the Atlanta airport to pick up a girl from Amsterdam. I had my motivations. On the way home, I started hallucinating while driving. Trees were turning into rabbits, and the highway lifted from the ground into space. It was crazy. I don’t remember how we got home.
- What are you better at than anyone you know: Twisting…. I can twist words to make them appear to be whatever I want them to be.
- Little known fact: Early Greek Astronomers knew the diameter of and distance between the Earth, Moon and the Sun using basic geometry around 300BC. Not bad. What have you done today?
- Ideal business: Small cafe in Southern France where everyone would know me as ‘Bon Homme American’.
- First game that had you hooked: Megamania. Atari 2600. How long can you go without dying? One of the original shooters. It’s the type of game that kept you coming back for more, much like Geometry Wars does for me today.
- Obi Wan or Gandalf: Obi.
- Celebrity Crush: Danica McKellar, Winnie Cooper from the Wonder Years. I was 11 and she was my world from 7 to 8 PM.
- Who is on your Celebrity Plane Crash: Paris Hilton and all those associate with her… That woman from the Honey Bunches of Oats commercials… Paula Deen. Producers and Director of the new Transformers movie for raping my childhood.
- Supernatural Power of Choice: telekinesis… MIND BULLETS!
- Most expensive thing you ever stole: My wife’s heart.
- Favorite Arcade Game: Contra. I used to take quarters from my parents money jar to go play at an doughnut shop near my home.
- Last Gadget Purchased: XBox 360, which was given to me by my clan, the Wheezin Geezers, as a wedding gift. I loved it. My wife didn’t. THANKS GUYS!
- Favorite Holiday: Christmas. I get a long break, and well, it’s fun to hunt for two months finding the right gift for all my friends and family. I hope they know how cold it is outside Best Buy at 4AM, the day after Thanksgiving.
- Current trend you least understand: Super Thin People. Common, Häagen-Dazs is sooooo goood.
- Simon or Garfunkel: In a quantum world, I can choose both but since I MUST live in 3 dimensions, Simon. Who are they again?
- Historical figure you would reanimate: Archimedies.
- Movie Quote: ‘You mean you were diagnosed with something called a brain cloud and didn’t ask for a second opinion?’ – Joe versus the Volcano
- Graffiti Tag: the ethical one.
Thanks a lot Goose for doing the interview. Oh and congrats on the recent marriage. I must admit, I like the power to move things, thats telekinesis Kyle! This weekend I am in Chicago for the TTL LAN there. Should be a blast, more articles will come following the long weekend. As always expect the unexpected for next weeks 22 Questions.
(Editor’s Note: This is from the Dead Man’s Hand Blog that has since merged into the TTL Blog)